Fill the silence with...
Published by Pamela under on 10:01 AM
If you could choose three things from the list below to occupy the moments when the silence in your life feels like terror, which ones would you choose? Please note some of the choices below can be held, others have to be waited for, and some must be found from within.
Fill the silence with:
guitar strums
movies
dinner
eye contact
Grace
wombs
harmony
birth
laughter
apple pie
Sunday mornings
aroma
prayer
moonlight
now
peppermint tea
protection
an apology
running water
motivation
memories
Silence has degrees. When my silence is below a safe range of temperature, when it is without any warmth, or the humidity from the hot air of voices in my room, my silence is too cold for me to move and I begin shaking. These are my moments of terrorizing silence and for it I choose apple pie, Grace, and eye contact because all I need is to feel I am being held enough to still my shivering hands.
Fill the silence with:
guitar strums
movies
dinner
eye contact
Grace
wombs
harmony
birth
laughter
apple pie
Sunday mornings
aroma
prayer
moonlight
now
peppermint tea
protection
an apology
running water
motivation
memories
Silence has degrees. When my silence is below a safe range of temperature, when it is without any warmth, or the humidity from the hot air of voices in my room, my silence is too cold for me to move and I begin shaking. These are my moments of terrorizing silence and for it I choose apple pie, Grace, and eye contact because all I need is to feel I am being held enough to still my shivering hands.
3 comments:
I fill it with laughter when I have it.
prayer, laughter, and deeper silence/stillness (not on the list).
Post a Comment